Writing your life story is important to you, but it is often still a challenge to know where and how to get started. That's why during November, Family Stories Month, I created video tips giving you fun and unique ways to get started or add to your life story.
If you missed seeing the tips when they were broadcast live, no worries. The replays are available at http://facebook.com/dr.florabrown or you can watch them here. Below the videos I've listed the resources mentioned in the videos.
If you want to show images of your recipes, but not have actual photos, consider creating drawings and illustrations. You can also find royalty-free photos of dishes that are similar to your recipes at royalty-free websites. Find out where they are at https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/free-stock-photo-websites Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for each company listed.
Tip #3--Memory quilts and other memorabilia
1. Missouri Star Quilt Company https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZaJkg5IGko
2. Baby Clothes Quilt Tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZArFxHIVlWg
3. DIY t-shirt quilt https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjXMGqdmZFo
Tip #4--Flashcards and Playing Cards
1. Search the internet for ideas on the different types of cards or games you may want to make.
2. Look for ideas under search terms such as family heritage cards, flashcards, playing cards, black heritage cards, etc.
3. Look for perforated cards or templates for creating your cards online, at office supply stores, and places like these
These are just a few of many places where you can get ideas or pay for services. Some of the keywords to search for are heritage cards, trading cards, flashcards, ancestor cards, memory bingo cards, etc.
1. Ancestor cards https://www.pinterest.com/pin/120400990010469322/
6. Custom playing cards-- https://shuffledink.com/
7. Ways to get kids and family interested in family history and stories https://www.ancestry.com/corporate/blog/creative-ways-to-get-your-kids-excited-about-family-history-month-part-one/
Tips #5--Six Word Memoirs
All about the 6-word memoir--The origin
See my account there--https://www.sixwordmemoirs.com/profile?uid=63188